Hello, my name is Stephen Howson, and welcome to my blog.
I am due to leave the Armed Forces in July this year and I am starting my own business. This is the story/diary of how it was created, the process we went through, each step of the way to becoming a fully functioning business.
For six weeks I worked on developing my idea of creating a fitness website offering training programs. After researching the idea in terms of competition, expected income and viability of the business, I decided to move more in the direction of instructed fitness classes, and why not take advantage of my military background with an army style fitness class.
I was still keen on the idea of the online training programs, so I spent a long time thinking of a way to incorporate this. One evening whilst reading FourFourTwo magazine, I came across an article on the development of Argentinian footballers through Boca Juniors FC. It was not long after the recent England and Spain friendly match, and there was a lot of talk in the media about the lack of technical ability in English players. Another idea seed had been planted.
I was now looking at a three-pronged approach to creating a business. Military Fitness Classes, Online Training Programs and now Technical Sports coaching. I retired from playing Rugby in 2006, after a career that had included 3 proffesional clubs and junior international honours with Scotland and Great Britian. So I had a great deal of experience in Rugby, and I have been involved in football fitness for a couple of years.
The breakdown would work as like this, Military Fitness Classes are run twice weekly for an hour, in public parks. These would be group circuit training sessions delivered in a similar style to those I received in my service. The online training programs would be downloadable training programs specific to football, rugby, boxing, muscle and women. We will offer free tips on nutrition, weight management, supplements and provide product reviews for fitness related products. The technical training is sort of self explanitory, we will offer basic skills training, outside of usual junior club training sessions where players can come and get extra training to develop skills in passing, tackling and all the basic skills that are so often neglected at clubs.
I am happy with how I envisage the business working.
Now for the name.......
Thanks for reading, I'll be back soon!
Stephen
Sunday, 1 March 2009
In the beginning.....
Labels:
army,
business,
first business,
fitness,
fitness instructor,
pti,
start up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment